Sunday, March 21, 2004

Knitting Group and Job

Yesterday was awesome! I met up with my new knitting group at B&N, and I had a wonderful time. The ladies in my group are incredibly nice and after knitting with them just a little while it felt like I had known them for years. I wasn't nervous like I thought I would be. At first I started working on my Large Origami bag, but I decided to start working on a pair of socks. I am learning how to knit two socks on two circular needles. I think I have Knitting Attention Deficite Disorder. I'm so serious! I can't just start one project and stick with it. I have to have 257 projects going on at once. I pick one up, put it down, and go after another. One project just doesn't hold my attention for very long. I think that is true of quite a few knitters. Anyways, I had a great time knitting with my new friends and I can't wait to meet up with them again.
After I left B&N I went to fill out all the necessary paperwork for the teaching job. I met with the manager and he seemed very excited that I was there. They haven't had a knitting and crocheting teacher for quite some time. I also met with the event coordinator for the store, and she seems to be very nice. I wish that this could be my only job but you don't really make enough money teaching there. Maybe I'll be proved wrong, but that remains to be seen. Of course, I hope I am wrong.