Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Simple Scarf??

This was supposed to be a simple scarf right? Well what was I thinking. Nothing I do can ever be so simple. I started out by casting on 20 stitches on size 9 needles. I got about 9 inches into the scarf, set my knitting down, dropped a stitch or two or three, and then couldn't find them to pick them up! This yarn is really neat but it is really hard to find dropped stitches. I don't recommend it for beginners.

I cast on 20 stitches again and start knitting. After about six inches I realize that I am totally not liking the color pattern the yarn is making. Guess what I did. Yep, I ripped it out. This time I decide that I was only going to cast on 15 stitches. Well that took care of the color pattern, and I thought that I would like the new width.

Wrong! After knitting about 2 feet of this scarf I decided that it was way too skinny. I definitely liked the width of 20 stitches compared to 15, so I ripped again. This is a simple scarf right?? At this point I decided to cast on 20 stitches but start at a different color point in the yarn. This fixed my color pattern problem, and I have now completed 30 inches.

What a simple little project. Hahaha! That's ok though. My grandmother had to go out of town, so I have time to keep making all of these mistakes. However, I truely hope I won't make another.