Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I Blew It!

The gig is up. Today I was hanging out with my grandma and I ended up blowing the surprise I have been working on for her. We were in Hallmark looking for a birthday card for Rob and I noticed that they had magic scarves. She was over at the rack checking them out while I was paying for my cards. I walked over, asked if she liked them, and she replied, "No. They aren't for me". Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Well I didn't actually scream, on the outside. I said, "Oh no! That is what I have been making for you!" She says, "Not in that color I hope." I reassured her that it wasn't blinding neon like the scarves in the store but a nice subtle black. I brought it out to her when she dropped me off at my apartment, but before I went up to get it I told her not to worry about hurting my feelings. I would just rip it out and make it into something else if she didn't like it. When I brought it down, her face lit up. "What a difference color makes," she said and I breathed a sigh of relief. It's not like the scarf was a lot of work,(The thing could be knit in one evening)I just like knitting for her. It makes me feel good to make her smile.