Saturday, April 21, 2007

Rona Lace Shawl

I had 3 sweaters on needles, and my fingers started itching for something a little lighter and more challenging. I have wanted to knit a shawl for quite some time, so I checked the stash. I decided to knit the Rona Lace Shawl from KnitPicks.com. I chose Alpaca Cloud in Iris Heather which is 100% Baby Alpaca. Let me just tell ya, I love me some Baby Alpaca! If you have not knit with it, you are missing out. Go get some! Hurry! Now this shawl is knit in the round, so getting a good detailed picture while it's all bunched up is a little difficult, but here's Rona 44 rows later.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Here is Rona posing with a gorgeous bag that Michelle made for me. It matches and everything! The bag is the perfect size for this project. It's not so big that the shawl and yarn tumbles around inside of it, and it's not so small that I have to squish it inside. Thank you Michelle!! I love it!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Something I should mention is that so far I have found an error on line 43 of the pattern. It reads *yo, k2tog, yo, (KB,p1) 6 times, KB, yo, SKP, yo, K2P. It should read *yo, k2tog, yo, (KB,p1) 6 times, KB, yo, SKP, yo, SK2P. I'll let you know if I find anything else.