Monday, July 23, 2007

My Room and More

I'm so happy that you all liked my room. I looooove it. I would probably live in there if the futon were a little more comfy. The coolest thing about my room, in my opinion anyways, is the fact that very little money went into it. Everything in the room was recycled, re purposed, gifted, bought for a pittance on eBay, Craigslist or a yard sale, or handed down over the years. Even the 1941 Life magazine was a yard sale find. If you look close you will see a pair of red white and blue knitting needles attached to the frame. You can read about them here. They were found along with a matching stitch holder and dpn's at a yard sale in a big box of knitting notions that Grandmommy bought for next to nothing. The desk belonged to my father and was handed down to me when I was a kid, all the sheep pictures and sheep doodads (3 bags full) were $15 from another yard sale, the cool knitting/spinning plaques were only 10 bucks on eBay, and my cool hubby made the yarn shelves. I made the wreath :) Maybe we can get a job with Design on a Dime :D

This is one side of the Adrienne Vittadini Diagonal Stitch top that I am knitting. I had to rip the armholes six times to get it the way I wanted it. AV patterns tend to say, "Keep in pattern and decrease and oh yeah do the neckline too, but I'm not going to tell you where to start/stop your yo's so that it looks nice and uniform on both sides. You are a genius. You figure that one out"



Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


I am very pleased with the way it is turning out so far. I just hope I remember what I did when I get to that part on the other side, 'cause you know I didn't write that down. That, my friend, would just be way too easy, and we can't have that now can we.