Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Changes

The only thing certain in life is change. You can quote me on that! I don't know if there is going to be a big party now. The clubhouse is completely booked for the month of January. I'm going to try to find a different place to have the party, but I am not optimistic. Oh well, it's not that big of a deal. We aren't moving on the 7th now either. The apartment complex asked if we could wait until the 13th so that they could make sure the apartment was all ready. That isn't a problem either. My mom is really happy about the few extra days.

On the crafting front
, I got paid to play with beads today. How cool is that! I spent about two hours on this bracelate using Stretch Majic elastic. When I got to the end and tried to use a crimping bead it wouldn't hold. The elastic slipped right out. Well the label says easy to knot, so I attempted to knot it. The darn thing snapped and my beads started coming off! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! All that time for nothing. I was nearing the end of my demo time, so I didn't have time to start it over. I decided to make an easy bracelet using Memory Wire and some glass beads. It comes all coiled up like a slinky and bounces right back into place. You don't need any clasps. You just bend one end, put on the beads, and then bed the other end to close it off. If you don't want to bend the ends, you can buy end caps. The project possibilities are endless. You can make rings, chokers, bracelets, etc.

I think I got a few people signed up for my knitting class. I 'm keeping my fingers crossed because I seriously need the money. I push my knitting and crocheting classes on anyone I catch in the yarn isle or anyone that stops to watch my demo. I don't go anywhere in that store without a handful of class calendars on me. I have a knitting demo on Thursday. I am going to knit a scarf using the eyelash yarn. Scarves are good for demos because they knit up fast.

How are my Resolutions going? Resolution number one was to learn a new knitting technique. My mom bought me Crazy Heels and Toes which teaches you how to knit two socks at once. As soon as I get that book I'll be goin to town. The others were exercising regularly, keeping the house clean, and getting organized. I will admit that I'm not doing that well on the exercising. I'll have to work on that more. It is hard to keep the house clean when boxes are everywhere. I have been making sure the bathroom is clean and the dishes are washed, but I can't help clutter while I'm packing. I am getting organized by purging the many unnecessary items in my house. I am not going to pack up junk. Everything I put in a box is scrutinized. Do I really use this? Do I really need to keep this? It has made packing take a little longer but it will be worth it in the end. I am inspired by the TLC show Clean Sweep. I am learning to let go of my packrattyness. Gawd am I always making up words? Anyways, I guess I am pretty much on track with all of my resolutions. I want to try and have a yard sale to make some extra money. That would be very helpful. Well I've rambled on long enough for one entry. Until next time....