Friday, February 20, 2004

Brittany Shortage (no not that Brittany)

There seems to be a Brittany Birch needle shortage everywhere I go. My old LYS had them on backorder, and now my new LYS has them backordered too. Two yarn shops in two different states with the same dillema. Go figure. I did manage to buy two more pairs of needles: a size 7 and a size 10. The owner took my name and number so she can call me when the sizes I need come in. I think I am four or five pairs away from a full 14 inch set. I am going to make a needle roll for them out of the material that my mom used to make a skirt for me when I was a kid. That way I get to keep it as a memory and actually use it.

I also bought two size 0 Crystal Palace circular needles so that I can make some socks! I want to learn the two socks on two circulars method using Queen Kahuna's Crazy Heels and Toes. I have some Opal yarn in my stash that is dying to be used. I know my husband would love for me to knit some. For now I really need to get crackin on my mom's hat. She'll be here in a few days. I can't wait to see her! Well it's time for bed. I have a full day of unpacking tomorrow. Yay!