Saturday, April 10, 2004

Saturday

My knitting group was kinda small today, but it was still fun! At first it was just Janette and I, but Dale showed up a little later. I worked on my 2x2 socks today. I have about an inch to go, and I'll start the heel. I haven't been reading ahead so I don't know what type of heel she uses. I guess I'll find out soon enough. Janette and Dale brought their beaded knitting. It looks so beautiful! I HAVE to try this now! I just need to find some size 0000 needles first. They are SMALL needles.

I have the pattern for ChicKami now, but I need to buy the needles. I was going to stop by an LYS on the way home, but I couldn't remember how to get there haha!  I think I have some metal size 6 circs, but I want to get some bamboo. I may even spring for addis! I have my hands full of projects right now, so it won't kill me to wait and go another day. I really ought to call first anyways.

I did stopped by Wal-Mart, and they had a bunch of yarn on sale. I got four cones of Aunt Lydia's Baby Denim for 2.50 a cone! It is a really nice lightweight cotton, and it feels really soft. I'm going to swatch it, and see how it feels knitted up. I wanted to buy more, but I really don't need to be spending the money! When is that stuff going to start growing on trees?!