Thursday, March 10, 2005

Random Thoughts

I am dead tired and I am having some serious writer's block this evening. Also, I don't have major progress to show you on Twist (80 rows), so I'll remain pictureless for today.  I figure I'll just start posting some random things that I have been meaning to tell you, and all together they'll make a halfway decent post. Cross your fingers...

The main thing I want to discuss is my free pattern lists. I don't get much time to update them or even check on the links. Rachel has been very kind to inform me when links break and what not, and I am very grateful for that. Unfortunately, a bunch of the Lion Brand and Berroco links have changed. This means I have to go back and change them. I can't promise that I'll be getting that done any time soon. There just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day! I just wanted to make sure everyone knows that I am aware of the link issues and I'll be repairing them shortly :)

As you have probably noticed, I have been working on the layout of this blog. After a long night of fighting HTML and CSS, I was able to get the sidebar on the right. I'm sure there was probably an easier way to do it, but at least I got it over there. I have also been playing around with the Header Image. I am really interested in what your opinions are about the header. Does it look ok? Did I do a bad job sitting the faery on the ball of yarn? Should I just put the faery back in the leaves? Does the whole thing stink all together? If you hate it, what could I do to improve? I'm seriously running out of ideas, and I would love to hear from you on this.

Hmmm let me see what else did I want to tell you about. Oh yeah! MagKnits just came out with a new issue. You should go and check it out. They have a cute felted Fair Isle bag called Misty that looks like it would be pretty easy to me. That Brooks Jones is a great bag designer. We are very lucky to get her patterns for free!

Lastly, I haven't gotten very far on my yarn inventory, but it is not forgotten. I actually have this weekend off, and I hope that I'll get a bit done. I think I'm going to focus on logging the information first and taking the pictures last since that seems to be the hardest part. Did I happen to mention that I HAVE A LOT OF YARN??? Maybe I did once or twice.

Well there we have it. A full post! I hope I didn't bore you silly. Have a great Thursday everyone. We're almost to the weekend! Only one more day to go. Can I make it?? I think I can I think I can I think I can...